The 5th annual surgical training course, “New Concepts in Patellofemoral Surgery: From Instability to Arthroplasty,” a joint sponsorship of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the Patellofemoral Foundation took place on September 9, 2016 at the world-class Orthopaedic Learning Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
The Patellofemoral Foundation provided the Course directors which included John Fulkerson, MD (president of the PFF), Jack Farr II, MD (Vice-President), Andy Cosgarea, MD (Board Member), Jason Koh, MD (Secretary), and Bill Post, MD (Board Member). The foundation was responsible for coordinating the agenda for the lectures and the surgical demonstrations.
The hands-on patellofemoral surgery course was designed to emphasize current anatomic, diagnostic and technical pearls that will help optimize patient outcomes. Instruction and lab time was available to help the participants discover how to perform precision MPFL and MQTFL reconstructions and examine how to move the tibial tubercle safely and appropriately.
The Master Instructors included the following:
- Elizabeth Arendt, MD – Minneapolis, MN
- Brad Bernardini, MD – Vineland, NJ
- James Bicos, MD – Bingham Farms, MI
- Diane Dahm, MD – Rochester, MN
- Cory Edgar, MD – West Hartford, CT
- Andreas Gomoll, MD – Chestnut Hill, MA
- Christian Guier, MD – San Francisco, CA
- Laurie Hiemstra, MD – Banff, Alberta, Canada
- James Kercher, MD – Atlanta, GA
- Robert Magnussen, MD – Columbus, OH
- Michael Medvecky, MD – New Haven, CT
- Shital Parikh, MD – Cincinnati, OH
- Beth Shubin-Stein, MD – New York, NY
- Miho Tanaka, MD – Baltimore, MD
- Adam Yanke, MD – Chicago, IL
The Board of Directors of the Patellofemoral Foundation are appreciative for the corporate support of the course offered by RTI, Conmed Linvatec, Arthrex, Mitek, and MedShape.
The 2017 APEx Patellofemoral Course is scheduled for September 8 and 9, 2017 at the OLC in Rosemont.
The Course Directors and Master Instructors enjoyed a meal and time together while at the September 9, 2016 course…“New Concepts in Patellofemoral Surgery: From Instability to Arthroplasty.”
Pictured from L to R:
Adam Yanke MD, Andreas Gomoll MD, Christian Guier MD, Jack Farr II MD, Laurie Hiemstra MD, William Post MD, John Fulkerson MD, Jason Koh MD, James Bicos MD, Diane Dahm MD, Eric Dahlinger – Executive Director PFF