Recent Patellofemoral Findings
Healio Patellofemoral Update
- Effect of Patella Alta on the Native Anatomometricity of the Medial Patellofemoral Complex: A Cadaveric Study
- Relationship of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Origin on the Distal Femur to the Distal Femoral Physis: A Systematic Review
- Patellar Instability and Dislocation: Optimizing Surgical Treatment and How to Avoid Complications
- Generalized joint hypermobility does not influence clinical outcomes following isolated MPFL reconstruction for patellofemoral instability.
- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy Improves Results of Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction for Recurrent Patellar Instability in Patients With Tibial Tuberosity–Trochlear Groove Distance of 17 to 20 mm
- The Recurrent Instability of the Patella (RIP) Score: A Statistically Based Model for Prediction of Long-Term Recurrence Risk After First-Time Dislocation
- Clinical Outcomes After Isolated Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction for Patellar Instability Among Patients With Trochlear Dysplasia.
- Examination under Anesthesia in Patients with Recurrent Patellar Dislocation: Prognostic Study.
- Short lateral posterior condyle is associated with trochlea dysplasia and patellar dislocation.
- Femoral trochlea does not remodel after patellar stabilization in children older than 10 years of age.
- Are Patellofemoral Joint Alignment and Shape Associated With Structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abnormalities and Symptoms Among People With Patellofemoral Pain?
- Derotational Osteotomy of the Distal Femur for the Treatment of Patellofemoral Instability Simultaneously Leads to the Correction of Frontal Alignment: A Laboratory Cadaveric Study.
- Periosteal autologous chondrocyte implantation for patellar chondral defect in patients with normal and abnormal patellar tracking.
- Allowing one quadrant of patellar lateral translation during medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction successfully limits maltracking without overconstraining the patella
- Clinical Outcomes After Isolated Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction for Patellar Instability Among Patients With Trochlear Dysplasia
- The Relationship of Static Tibial Tubercle–Trochlear Groove Measurement and Dynamic Patellar Tracking
- Complications of medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction using two transverse patellar tunnels
- The Tibial Tubercle-Trochlear Groove Distance Is Greater in Patients With Patellofemoral Pain
- Patellar Resurfacing Versus Circumferential Denervation of the Patella in Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Anteromedialisation tibial tubercle osteotomy for recurrent patellar instability in young active patients: A retrospective case series
- Sulcus deepening trochleoplasty for patellofemoral instability: A series of 34 cases after 15 years postoperative follow-up
- Radiographic Reference Points Are Inaccurate With and Without a True Lateral Radiograph: The Importance of Anatomy in Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction.
- Outcomes after Trochleoplasty
- Medial Quadriceps Tendon–Femoral Ligament: Surgical Anatomy and Reconstruction Technique to Prevent Patella Instability
- The Prevalence and Combined Prevalences of Anatomic Factors Associated With Recurrent Patellar Dislocation: A Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study.
- Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy: Indication and Techniques.
- Re-evaluating the functional implications of the Q-angle and its relationship to in-vivo patellofemoralkinematics.
- Minimally invasive reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament using quadriceps tendon.
- Shape and size of the medial patellofemoral ligament for the best surgical reconstruction: a human cadaveric study.
- Lateral patellofemoral ligament reconstruction using a free gracilis autograft
- Guidelines for medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction in chronic lateral patellar instability
- Arthroscopic Evaluation of Patellofemoral Congruence With Rotation of the Knee Joint and Electrical Stimulation of the Quadriceps
- Medial quadriceps tendon-femoral ligament: surgical anatomy and reconstruction technique to prevent patella instability
- Running-induced patellofemoral pain fluctuates with changes in patella water content
- Patellofemoral osteoarthritis treated by partial lateral facetectomy: results at long-term follow up
- Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment of Bone Perfusion and Arterial Contributions in a Patellar Fracture Model Using Gadolinium-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Cadaveric Study
- Southwick-fulkerson osteotomy with intraoperative femoral nerve guidance
- Trochleoplasty in major trochlear dysplasia: current concepts
- The basic science of the patella: structure, composition, and function
- Influence of kinesiophobia and catastrophizing on pain and disability in anterior knee pain patients
- Familial association of femoral trochlear dysplasia with recurrent bilateral patellar dislocation
- Does knee joint proprioception alter following medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction?
- Towards a Better Understanding of Anterior Knee Pain: Don´t Forget to Look Up
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome: pain, coping strategies and degree of well-being.
- Open Lateral Patellar Retinacular Lengthening Versus Open Retinacular Release in Lateral Patellar Hypercompression Syndrome: A Prospective Double-Blinded Comparative Study on Complications and Outcome.
Editor: Vicente Sanchis-Alfonso, MD, PhD
- About Patellofemoral Pain
- International PF Study Group (IPSG) consensus regarding PF Pain
- Sanchis-Alfonso Book now available. Anterior knee pain and patellar instability. 2nd Ed. London: Springer-Verlag.
Editor: Miho Tanaka
Overview and treatment algorithm
- Acute Patella Dislocation (ISAKOS 2011 Presentation)
- Adult Recurrent PF Instability (ISAKOS 2011 Presentation)
- Patellar Instability Management: A Survey of the International Patellofemoral Study Group
- Predictors of recurrent first time dislocation
- Anatomy and biomechanics
- MPFL, MQTFL, MPFC reconstruction: indications and technique [ICL handout]
- Medial quadriceps tendon-femoral ligament: surgical anatomy and reconstruction technique to prevent patella instability.
- When and How Far to Move the Tibial Tuberosity in Patients With Patellar Instability.
- Anisometry of Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction in the Setting of Increased Tibial Tubercle-Trochlear Groove Distance and Patella Alta
- Sulcus deepening trochleoplasty for patellofemoral instability: A series of 34 cases after 15 years postoperative follow-up.
Avoiding complications in PF instability surgery
Editor: Christopher Powers
- Mechanisms Underlying Patellofemoral Pain: Lessons Learned over the Past 20 Years
- The Effects of Isolated Hip Abductor and External Rotator Muscle Strengthening on Pain, Health Status, and Hip Strength in Females With Patellofemoral Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Management of Patellofemoral Pain Targeting Hip, Pelvis, and Trunk Muscle Function: 2 Case Reports
- Rehabilitation of the Knee After Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction
Special Thanks to Our Corporate Benefactors
We wish to extend particular thanks to Smith and Nephew (Andover, Massachusetts), DJOGlobal (Vista, California) and Hartman Newspapers (Rosenberg, Texas) as Founding Benefactors of the Patellofemoral Foundation. These three companies provided initial funding for the Foundation in 2003. We hope that you will extend your thanks to them and consider their products as well as those from these additional corporate sponsors: Kinamed and ConMed.